Saturday 27 August 2011

Better at planning than at executing

Ecstasies ballet, thoughts meander, dreams age and fade, spirits soar, reasons err, and faith stands and waits forever.

I don’t believe I wrote that line. Because I don’t think I am capable of getting so unusually serious while writing (I don’t think I am capable of getting so unusually serious while at anything!). I guess it’s a one-off, and thankfully, it was just one line. It sounds quite heavy, I recognize, but don’t worry - everything is alright!

Everything isn’t entirely alright though! My back is hurting. It’s probably from the chair I sit on; I spend most of my day at my desk in front of the computer. And I am worried thinking that when I buy a house for myself and bend down, in the front garden, to dig up the flower beds, putting in the daffodils and the white roses, chopping the hedges and pruning the grasses, making them all look clean and right, I might be struggling with the muscles in my back and neck getting knotted up.

Yes, that’s correct. I would love to do a lot of gardening when I have my own house (with plenty of space) and when I am retired (with plenty of free time). I work long hours and I live in an apartment now (with a just few flower pots), so there isn’t the scope to do a lot at the moment. But I am excited to think of all the work I would get to do in my garden from choosing the plants to preparing the beds to taking care of them, until much later, when all the flowers flower in spring- and what a fantastic pay-off would it be after the wait!

And we could all, my friends, then meet in my garden, in a sort of a reunion, in our 50 or
60-somethings, sit out in the sun, catch up on each other’s lives, play the music of our times, and relive our youth! I will set up the barbeque and arrange for some red wine!

Getting back to the present, my backache reminds me that I haven’t exercised in a long while! I bought a pair of running shoes almost three months back, and it’s a shame, I haven’t gone for a run since then. When it comes to things like a fitness regime, I am much better at planning than at executing! Strange! Is it the same with many of you, or do you have a recommendation for me to become more disciplined?

I just looked out of the window. It’s a beautiful evening, bathed in the last light of the day, quiet as a midsummer afternoon, and mellow because the autumn isn’t far away! I am going for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment